Summer is about to hit. We think we are all set for the weather, but often many of us ignore the effect of summer heat on the most important part of your home- the Roof.
We think that winter is the only season that can cause damage to the roof. But summers can also cause drastic damage to your roof. In this article, Roofing and Building Experts, your professional roofing company has decided to help people become aware of the impact of summer heats on the roof. Read till the end to know more.
Affect of Summer heats on your roof
Cracking of the roof
The summer heat can cause extreme wear and tear on your roof. From bleached wood, curled and dried up shingles to dissipated oil from your roofing material, increased exposure to sunlight can cause your roof to be brittle and crack
Water leaks and mould formation due to high humidity
Sudden temperature can cause thermal shocks
Protect your Roof from summer heat | Tips from Professional Roofing Company
- Conduct regular inspections of your roof. Because as they say “ a stitch in time can save nine”
- Keep your attic properly ventilated.
- Create a roof garden. The greens will absorb all the heat
- Use ceramic or porcelain roof tiles that reflect the sunlight and act as a thermal insulator.
- Pay attention to your gutters. Get them cleaned before summer sets in.
- Call a professional roofing company for regular maintenance and services.
We are Roofing and Building Experts
Stopping the sun from heating your roof is impossible. But you can always try out a few things to lessen the damage caused. Being a professional roofing company, we are experts in pinpointing even the smallest issue. We advise our clients to conduct regular maintenance service for your roof so that we can report the problem at the earliest and get things fixed before it goes out of control.